Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Not the best but most memorable cruise

Sail Date: May 22, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Cabin: GTY

Let me start by saying that I did relax and had one of most enjoyable shore excursions ever. I went on the salsa and salsa trip,it was just fantastic. But the cruise was far from even being good. The dinner service was totally disorganised and unprofessional. Tables were not ready for diners. The menu was not special,rather ordinary. There were a couple nights we ate at the buffet. The final dinner gave me food poisoning, I ate the vegetarian, sweet and sour chicken chunks.
The service at the pool and on deck was nonexistent. When we asked where the servers were,we were told they were in the corners.
If this is what cruise are now,then I guess I will not be going on any more. I have always been ready to reboard the ship after leaving. Not this time I was happy to get through customs before vomiting my dinner from the night before.
I have cruised quite a few times (6) and I have never been so entirely disappointed. The pastries were good but not exceptional, there was no midnight buffet,no flare to any thing. Looking back I feel either the crew was training or utterly exhausted.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Salsa,salsa,salsa shore excursion is just great.

Eat at the buffets.