Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Not for your veteran cruisers

Sail Date: May 12, 2014

Room Type: Suite

Cabin: GTY

This ship was the smallest I have been on thus far. This ship showed how small it was with its service, structor and amenities of lack there of. I was disappointed and let down by this ship and Royal Caribbean in general. Food is a big part of cruising and I was disappointed a few times with the service and quality. The breakfast service in the Main dining room was very slow. My wife and I ate at the specialty dining restuarant Giovanni's Table. Most of courses were very good but dessert was weak. My cannoli was soft and my wife's tiramisu was not to standard to say the least. Our room was a Junior Suite, I was nice a big, with a touch of the little extras but, there was sounds of stomping and other loud sounds overhead at night while my wife and I tried to sleep. Later I discovered it was the workers rearranging the chairs and tables on the Pool's deck. The gym to be fair may have been a victim of surcumstance; I have never been on a ship that had so many people in shape before, so this meant the small gym was packed. The shows were ho-hum, the acrobatic wire or bungie show was lack luster and the comedy show was out dated. There were more things wrong with this ship and her crew but I am sure you get the point by now.

This ship had some nice features and like most cruise ships it was beautiful inside but the were no WOW moments for me. If you are not familiar, Wow is Royal Caribbean's current slogan and/or campaign. Also go for a bigger ship I went with ship against my personal rule of No Small Ships but it was recently "Dry Docked" so I thought I would be safe. I was wrong.

Cruise Photos

I have had better on all of my prior(7) cruises
If you can always go for the Suite guarantee. At the very least you will receive a Jr. Suite. These rooms are very nice

Ask yourself, what are you giving up for a smaller ship?