Viking Schumann Cruise Review to Europe

Third Mate

Elegant Elbe

Sail Date: April 19, 2014

Excellent food, very pleasant and attentive staff.  Boat was very clean, staterooms were nice.  Nice amenities such as bottled mineral water in staterooms, bottled water to take on excursions, local maps for each destination,  cards with contact information for the boat at each port in case you get lost or need to take a taxi back to the boat.  They have the quietbox earphones for excursions so you can hear the guides well (I really liked that). Very nice and comfortable outdoor deck area, partially shaded. I was somewhat disappointed in the scenery (mostly flat farmland).The biggest drawback was the constant stairclimbing which was necessary to get down  to dining room, up to the lobby then down to the staterooms though  I have to admit there is a chair lift but I would be embarrased to use it.

Older ship has been remodeled and is quite nice
Excellent food, attentive service.
Comfortable with individual temperature controls
Very helpful and attentive
Children's Programs non-applicable
Prague, Czech Republic
We were there for the Easter week celebration
Melnik, Czech Republic
Litomerice, Czech Republic
Tiny village, everything closed up--went to a brewery for beer tasting and snacks
Bad Schandau, Germany
Very interesting natural stone formations, difficult walking with lots of stairs
Dresden, Germany
Beautiful city with lots to do--my spouse went for a tour of the VW factory while I went to the museum and opera house.
Meissen, Germany
Torgau, Germany
Wittenberg, Germany
Dessau, Germany
End Of Vacation

Light lunch is available in the bar area--easier to eat light than going to the dining room.

1 Comment