Viking Jarl Cruise Review to Europe

Purser

The Danube--Budapest to Bucharest (plus Prague)

Sail Date: April 10, 2015

Cabin: B206

I have done big cruses before, but this was my first river cruise with only 185 passengers aboard. We met some very nice people from Canada and the USA.

The pre-cruise 3 day stay in Prague was wonderful--I will go back there again. The organization of the trip by Viking was well done. The excursions were well-planned with excellent guides. I went to cities which I would never have thought of going to. Going to a horse show in Hungary and for coffee & pastries at a private home in Serbia were great--both excursions I would have never done on my own.

The veranda stateroom was larger than I thought that it would be with ample storage. The room attendant was very efficient.

Though the food at breakfast, lunch, and dinner was good; I was just surprised that for the dinners we were not served more local cuisine with only one night of having food from the eastern European area. Service aboard the Jarl was always very good--everyone was helpful and friendly.

The sound system for the live broadcasts from the lounge to the stateroom needs to be worked on--the speakers always sounded fuzzy as the people spoke on the microphone.

I do hope that I will never have to go through the Bucharest airport (that was mass chaos at 6 AM), but that was not Viking's fault.  We will just have to stay extra days to avoid the rush of a Monday morning departure.

I will do another Viking river cruise--probably the Amsterdam to Budapest one--in the future.

Write a comment.
Any great crew members you want to recognize? Give them a shout out here!
Children's Programs Not applicable
Onboard Activities Not many
Write a comment.

Be prepared for all kinds of weather (hot, cold, rainy, sunny).

Try to sit with different people at meal times to broaden your experience.

1 Comment