Viking Ingvar Cruise Review to River Cruises - Russia

Viking River Cruises

Sail Date: September 16, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Cabin: 410

Viking delivers a good cruising experience.  They live up to their advertisements.  I like that they offer a free tour at every port, with optional tours for a reasonable price.  I especially like that they use those listening devices so that even if I am at the back of the crowd, I can clearly hear what the tour guide is telling us.  The guides counted us often so that no one was inadvertently left behind.  This gave me, traveling alone, a good sense of security - even in the Moscow Metro.

My only complaint was that my cabin was next to the stairs and the late-night bar. And most of the "happy" passengers went by my cabin when the bar closed at 11 pm. I am an "early to bed, early to rise" person.
Onboard Activities I seldom participated as I like to sit and watch the river scenes go by more than I like playing games, etc.

Go for it. Take all the excursions you have time for.

1 Comment