Viking Ingvar Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

If It Could Go Wrong, It Did

Sail Date: August 01, 2009

Room Type: Suite

The ship was a disaster for a mobility impaired traveler. I could not climb to my deluxe stateroom, two decks up from entry. All entertainment and lectures were held three decks up from entry. The Pakhomov was in no way comparable to the Kirov, which has an elevator.

I complained in detail five days ago, to customer service, and have still not received a response.

Pros: The service and the food

Cons: Untruths told to our travel agent about the accessibility of the large cabin we had booked

Recommends Viking Ingvar? No.

The ship was clean, very inaccessible for a disabled traveler.
Our 200 sq ft cabin on the 3rd deck was lovely, but I could not reach it. My 90 sq ft cabin I was given was tiny, and impossible for two people.
Might have been excellent, but I couldn't climb up to the Panorama Bar on the 5th deck.
Food was delightful: varied, healthy, fresh, ample. Sensible small portions, seconds readily available. Great soups with every meal. Wonderful salads.
The activities director, Chris, was extremely helpful to me and other passengers with emergencies.

1 Comment