Worst Cruise ever

Star Princess Cruise Review to Coastal - West Coast

Star Princess

4 Night Pacific Coastal Getaway Northbound (Los Angeles To Vancouver)

Sail Date: April 07, 2017

Ship: Star Princess

Cabin Number: L312

Review Summary

The pools were closed most of the trip. The one day that we were in port at the night dinner they served very little food and it was left overs from the day BEFORE.

I have been on 5 different cruise lines and taken dozens of cruises including many Princess cruises but this was ridiculously bad. I have never rated a cruise a "1" but that was generous for this cruise.

The order from room service for food was partially complete on the time delivered,  and it took an hour to arrive. It was NOT during any scheduled meal time and should have been no delays. The room instead of being clean twice daily which is normal was done once. Mini refrigerator had NO drinks. Called for the room porter twice and never received a return call or visit. Could never find him. BUT Princess still charged the complete doubled standard gratuity amount for both myself and the child traveling with me (the child gratuity was not booked to my account until the morning of the cruise ending in one lump sum or I would have complained prior to leaving. I went down to complain the morning of disembarkation but the line was too long to wait. So of course my credit card showed the doubled billed gratuity amounts.

The most positive thing from all staff and amenities offered was the Captain of the ship. He was extremely professional,  pleasant and always took time to meet and speak with the passengers. Even when a normal person would have ran out of patience on some of the requests, questions, and incidents that I observed.

Unfortunately I plan on choosing a different cruise line in the future.

Ship Experiences

was traveling with an 8 year old girl. Best program I had seen. Very entertaining. With the providing the itinerary in advance she could choose the times to attend

Ship was old and needed to be refurbished

Don't, but if you do specifically do not choose Any time dining. They will never provide a reservation. They say call 8am to obtain one. They will not answer the phones and it will ring off the wall until 10. When you reach some one at 10:01am they will tell you no more reservations try tomorrow.

Ports Of Call

San Pedro (Los Angeles), California

easy to access and easy for embarkation.

Victoria, British Columbia