Star Princess Cruise Review to U.S. - Pacific, Northwest

Nice respite!

Sail Date: September 29, 2013

My stateroom and service there was pleasant.  Best breakfast on the room service menu was an egg McMuffin-like sandwich, not really a hot breakfast such as eggs, bacon, hash browns, etc as on Holland America... a  little disappointing as I didn't really want to get dressed to go out of my room for breakfast.  Food, in general, was not the quality of Holland. Had lamb roast that required a steak knife to cut and was very "chewy"; mushroom soup and cold pumpkin soup had very little flavor; pasta dishes didn't come with enough sauce and were, therefore, "pasty"; lobster and shrimp dinner came with plain white rice, thought that was an odd pairing but seafood was very good.  Guess it depends on what one's previous experience has been but just having the meals prepared for me and not having to do the dishes was great!!!  Spa was very nice as were the professionals there, very caring and very attentive to one's needs.  All in all was a rejuvenating time for me.

Children's Programs N/A

Nobody, absolutely nobody, won on the casino slots!!! But the good news is that they have a non-smoking casino!