Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review to Other (Asia/Africa/Middle East)

Great services by various people

Sail Date: January 18, 2016

We had the pleasure of have two great waiters for most of the week, because after the first two nights of getting them by luck of the draw, we always asked for a table in their area. That would be Prasath and Elmer (as in Elmer Fudd proclaimed by Elmer). Our water glasses never went below half full as well as our wine glasses never went empty. Prasath did a great job each time of explaining and suggesting the menu items of the day. One evening my wife decided to have a Grasshopper drink after her dinner. Prasath was a little confused by her request, but after explaining it to him; he took the request to the bartender. It wasn’t long and the bartender returned with two delicious Grasshoppers. We had some inquisitive table neighbors wondering what we were drinking. The next evening we couldn’t get a table in the dynamic dual’s area and were placed in another area. It wasn’t the same level of service as Prasath and Elmer, as my wife and I talked about it throughout the dinner. Again, nothing was bad or unpleasant; he just didn’t ring the “WOW” bell. The next night we were able to get a table in Prasath’s area again. We received the usual great Prasath and Elmer services. As Prasath was taking our plates away, he asked if we would like Grasshoppers drinks for desert. Ding Ding, the ‘WOW’ bells go off.  I did mention to Elmer how we didn’t receive the great service the previous night from another waiter as we have been from him and Prasath all week.

We had the best stateroom attendant with Mariana Stealy! Each time in passing she would address us by our first names. On a couple of days we would talk about some of the current events going on in the world. One day I noticed that she place my wife’s earrings which were lying loosely on the counter into a cover from a glass. The next time I saw Mariana; I pointed that nice gesture out to her and thanked her. She made a dog with a bath towel which very much resembled our dog back home. I wrote up a sign with his name, (Charlie) on it and set it next to him. The next time she says to us, "see that we have a stowaway with us." We told her that it resembled our dog and made us feel like he was with us. Charlie eventually encountered a friend to keep him company with the addition of a cat Mariana made for us. She is a true ‘WOW’er.