Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Ragged around the edges

Sail Date: February 15, 2016

SadAs a 20 year loyal Royal Carribean customer it is obvious that either management does not care about the smaller older ships or is trying to improve the bottom line by cutting the quality of food. They continue to have crews that are exceptional and friendly but the staterooms are getting shabby and the deployment of on deck services are not thought out. They seem to be jammed into spaces that do not fit. I accept I am not on the Oasis. If I wanted the Oasis I would book on the Oasis.

A sorry excuse  use for a mattress, noisy decks playing reggae music blasting with nowhere to hide. Inappropriate for age of passengers. Chops had the worst sirloin steak I ever tried to eat. Rained the night I had an appointment to Izumi. Difficult and dangerous to access restaurant by open wet and windy deck.

Getting us out of our staterooms on the last morning and waiting almost two hours beyond our scheduled departure time is not fair.  It has been months since Customs staff have been cut. We had 3 agents to check 2000 passengers. Not RC's fault but keeping the situation from us is not fair.

Seems new management lacks sensitivity needed for a SERVICE industry.

Do not know if I will return.

SadSadSadAngry

Bad mattress. Not fixed appropriately.