Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Cruising is the ultimate vacation!

Sail Date: December 23, 2015

There is something for everyone. As a solo traveler I booked this 12-night cruise on Serenade of the Seas approximately one week before sailing – 7 day cruises do not cut it for me anymore. I wanted to be on a beautiful ship for Christmas and New Year's and that's exactly what I got. The ship was beautifully decorated and the planned activities were appropriate. As I have been on several Caribbean cruises, I decided to forego the tours and just enjoy the ship.

My Time Dining was the only option available. While I prefer a fixed dining time, this option allowed me to meet several other solo travelers, some of whom became friends.

I don't normally book an interior cabin, but was very pleased with the size and cleanliness of the cabin. The towel sculptures created by Carlos on most evenings were great and appreciated. I miss the chocolates on my pillow at night though.
For the most part the ship was clean, however I saw signs of wear and tear in some public areas like the theatre.
I chose this cruise because I wanted to be on the ship for Christmas and New Year's. As I have been on several Caribbean cruises I was not concerned with the itinerary or excursions.
Children's Programs Did not use.
Most nights the food was good, but the night I ordered the sole, it appeared bland and was lacking in seasoning.
I understand that My Time Dining can present challenges, but when you make reservations ahead of time, the expectations is that the wait time would be nil to minimal. I witnessed some guest who became irate at having to wait so long when they had made reservations.
This area could use improvement.