Cruising is the ultimate vacation!

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

12 Night Southern Caribbean Holiday (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 23, 2015
Ship: Serenade of the Seas

There is something for everyone. As a solo traveler I booked this 12-night cruise on Serenade of the Seas approximately one week before sailing – 7 day cruises do not cut it for me anymore. I wanted to be on a beautiful ship for Christmas and New Year's and that's exactly what I got. The ship was beautifully decorated and the planned activities were appropriate. As I have been on several Caribbean cruises, I decided to forego the tours and just enjoy the ship.

My Time Dining was the only option available. While I prefer a fixed dining time, this option allowed me to meet several other solo travelers, some of whom became friends.

Most nights the food was good, but the night I ordered the sole, it appeared bland and was lacking in seasoning.
I understand that My Time Dining can present challenges, but when you make reservations ahead of time, the expectations is that the wait time would be nil to minimal. I witnessed some guest who became irate at having to wait so long when they had made reservations.
This area could use improvement.

Did not use.

For the most part the ship was clean, however I saw signs of wear and tear in some public areas like the theatre.

I don't normally book an interior cabin, but was very pleased with the size and cleanliness of the cabin. The towel sculptures created by Carlos on most evenings were great and appreciated. I miss the chocolates on my pillow at night though.