Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Serenade of the seas cruise - 7 night Norwegian Fjords (Copenhagen)

Sail Date: August 08, 2015

The things that stand out are the good experiences on  the excrusions - very knowledgeable guides and breathtakingly beautiful scenery.  Everyone on the excursions was super nice, helpful and knowledgeable. that made the trip worthwhile. We were very happy with the cabin - it was very comfortable for 2 people and well kept up by our care taker.  What we were not as happy with was the buffet which had limited hours, unfriendly staff, very average food, and worst of all - not enough seating on on days at sea and on top of that, the restaurants would close at 9am for breakfast - if the sit down breakfast could have stayed open until 11am that would have helped to take off some of the load on the buffet.  It was a MAD HOUSE trying to get any food or a seat....VERY bad experience.  If it weren't for the problems with the buffet, I would have given this cruise a higher rating.

the food quality was just average but the days at sea were very stressful - not enough seating at the buffets and people were hanging over each other eating - very uncomfortable. The restaurants should have stayed open longer for breakfast - not closed at 9am.
it was 50/50 - some staff were nice and if they couldn't get you what they wanted said - I'm sorry but I'm not able to do that for such and such reason. Others would be abrupt and give a little lecture on why they can't say for example give you some crackers for the soup, etc. customer service could be improved if the staff could just say - I'm sorry but I can't because it isn't available right now - or something along those lines
I enjoyed the entertainment and the movies, but wish that they were at 9am instead of 10am start time as that is quite late for me and my group.
loved the excursions - they were great
I found areas where staff was standing around and the tables guests were using were covered in used coffee cups and plates and napkins - not being cleaned off - yet there was staff walking around - very strange that they didn't take a moment to clear off the tables. I didn't see garbage cans around so I couldn't just clear off the garbage so I could sit down.
no problems
Room was kept up very nice and the porter was helpful.

1 Comment