Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Serenade of the Seas

Sail Date: April 05, 2008

Just came back from sailing with Royal Carribean SERENADE OF THE SEAS. We chose this ship because of the stops on its itinerary. I do't like being 'stuck' at sea gambling or shopping on board or fighting for a longe chair. We stopped at St. Thomas, St. Maartin, Antigua, St. Lucia, and Barbados. Our outside balcony cabin was small (as usual). TV was broke and had bad reception. Our room service guy was very attentive, polite and great at cleaning up after my teenager. I found the food not as good as before (Jewel and Mariner of the Seas). Food has definately gone 'downhill'!!!!! Beef was horrible, fish was cheap, and scrambled eggs are fake & horrible!!!! Get a 'made-to-order' omelette instead. Everything costs extra.....fresh squeeze oj (3.95 per glass), Diet coke (which was horrible), Tropical drinks ($10), Miller Light ($5). A photo was $20!!!! .55 cents a minute to connect to internet and no printers!!! It is truly ridiculous on everything they charge you for. Shows were ok. Last night they had a comedian for 15 minutes, then showed you a DVD of the week that you could buy. Ugh....please save it for a business conference...not vacation!!!
The elevator buttons were always sticky and dirty (use your elbow). Rugs needed cleaning in certain areas. Otherwise my cabin was clean. Bathroom smelled a bit.
I could only take cruises once every 3 years or so.
I like all-inclusives better. Food is better and they don't nickle and dime you to death!!!!! I did do some great excursions that I found on my own.

Pros: Good Service, pretty ship, great ports

Cons: food, too $$$ for little things.....some areas needed cleaning

Recommends Serenade of the Seas? Yes!