Sea Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Purser

not so great

Sail Date: May 23, 2012

everything about this ship was small, from the cabins, buffet area, to the entertainment areas. I felt cramped. We have cruised for 17 years and this was not comparable to any ship that we have been on

Pros: there is not one thing that I could put my finger on...although this has nothing to do with the staff

Cons: i felt like I was on a yacht instead of a cruise ship

Recommends Sea Princess? No.

The ship took an area of the buffet and cordoned it off with ropes and called it the specialty restaurant. The food in the buffet was scarce...5-6 entree's and the rest were fillers IE: salads, breads, etc. The buffet area had limited seating and waiting 10 minutes for a table was not unheard of.
Even though we had a balcony stateroom it felt very cramped. No Couch and the one chair that was in the room backed up to the vanity. If the vanity stool (yes, a little round stool) was pulled out I had to sit back to back with my wife and there was no room to spread out. The closet area was also very small. There were three closet doors, however, behind one of the doors was a shelf area. On the top were the life jackets, the next shelf held the safe, and that left one shelf for clothes. There were two swing out baskets below the shelves. We ended up putting the life jackets under the bed. The drawers that were in the little vanity area were able to hold only underwear.
The entertainment areas were also very small. Only one floor in the main theater and the seats made me feel as though I was slipping off all the time. VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. The show venues were okay and the singers and dancers performed well. The headliners were average but I will say that they sang songs that were relevant to the age of the cruisers, if you know what I mean
I have nothing bad to say about this wonderful crew...they did their best to keep us happy.