The entertainment was a disappointment

Scarlet Lady Cruise Review

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Scarlet Lady

5 Night Mayan Sol (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 21, 2021

Ship: Scarlet Lady

Traveled as: Couple

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Review summary

I didn't want this to be a non stop party but I expected that there would be a party option and that they would understand that with the majority demographic being 40-50 year old we weren't going to be crazy about techno music. They just didn't have any options for folks wanting to have a good time. The entertainment staff seemed to have more fun they the sailors did.

Embarkation

Very smooth and quick!

Ship experiences

Best food in any cruise line I've been on by far!

I took a spin class and hung out at the pool. I'm not crazy about working out, but I will would do it just to hear some other music than techno or Electric beats. The pool time could have been so much better if the DJs played to the crowd. When you look around and only a handful of people are even bobbing their head to the music you have to know you are not reading the room correctly. Apparently, they had a playlist and they were sticking to it no matter what.

Wow! What a let down. There were only 3 shows to choose from the entire 5 nights. The DJs, no matter where or when insisted on ONLY playing Electric Beat/Techno music. No hip hop, R&B, reggae, rock, country, salsa, reggaeton, NOTHING else. It was like they only wanted to cater to one demographic. It was very disappointing. The scarlet night seemed to a time for the dance staff to enjoy themselves. There was no attempt at sailor involvement except that we got dressed up to sporadically watch a small flash mob dance from a handful of staff entertainment. The only non- techno we heard on the ship the entire sailing was in a spin class and in the Gumbae restaurant the one night we had dinner there which of course was the last night. Nowhere else, not even on Bimini! We are on a Bahamian island and they can't find even one reggae or Calypso song? Come on man! It began to feel insulting as clearly my demographic was not who the cruise line was interesting in. This honestly took this cruise from my top 1 or 2 to 3rd at best.

The staff was amazing! A couple of fumbles but they really rolled off our backs. These are humans and no one has a great day every day. Overall, wouldn't trade this staff for another cruise line's even if it meant I could cruise for free.

Not a blemish to speak of. Beautifully built and beautifully maintained.

Clean and comfortable. Our cabin stewart, Tupak, was very accommodating and he always left the room well stocked and clean.

Ship tip

Come with the expectation to just chill out and be pampered. This is not a party ship.

Ports of call

The Beach Club (Virgin Voyages), Bimini Bahamas

This could have been such a better experience if they treated it like a party scene. With some good music this port could have saved my overall experience. The food here was great. The drinks were great. The area was beautiful but we kept waiting for it be fun. We even came back for the bonfire hoping that was when the party would start but it was just a group with some acoustic guitars singing Kumbiya music. Downer.

Miami, Florida

Disembarkation

No lines. No aggravation. Perfect execution.