Sapphire Princess Cruise Review to U.S. - Pacific, Northwest

Just ok cruise

Sail Date: April 01, 2013

This ship carried almost 3000 passengers and by doing so lost the personal concern that we all desire from our travel providers. I had a bad experience with the front desk\, pre-booked independent reservation that we could not use due to arriving in SanFrancisco 4 hours behind schedule; the desk refused us any on board compensation for the $50 museum exhibition tickets we were out because of the late arrival. The day after arriving home we checked the bridge camera on the Princess website and found that this sailing too they were arriving SF as late as we did. This is false advertising it seems to me when the delay is consistent. We also had an experience with a rude hostess at breakfast in the main dining room\, who told us our request for a table for two was not friendly. It is not a ship employee's job to judge the passengers' choices!

Pros: Convenience of sailing from our home port

Cons: The size of the ship

Recommends Sapphire Princess? No.

We felt the showroom acts were just so-so compared to other cruise lines.
Our cabin steward was wonderful. But one bad experience with a dining room hostess and the attitude of the front desk brought the rating down.
We had a mini-suite which was large and comfortable and we had a tub in the bathroom which I had never had on previous cruises.
The food in the 5 dining rooms was consistently good\, served promptly and hot.
I had some unique and tasty courses that impressed me with their chef.
I would never sail such a large ship again!