A great, relaxing trip

Sapphire Princess Cruise Review to South Pacific - Australia

Sail Date: March 01, 2007
Ship: Sapphire Princess
Cabin Type: Suite
The staff was attentive and the ship comfortable and inviting. My daughter loved the teen program. We were disappointed that one of our shore excursions was canceled, but I cannot complain since it was a weather and safety issue. The New Zealand fjords were unbelievable. The pools and hot tubs were not crowded.

While the food was good and varied, the dining rooms and buffet seemed to have the same menu on the same day. My feeling is the buffet should be an alternative to the dining. While preparing similar meals is efficient, you are stuck if the menu for the night is not to your liking.

Activites seemed to be crowded close together. Many times we had to choose one thing over another. at other times there were large gaps in activities. Entertainment overall was fair. One or two were outstanding, but a few were truly duds. What was left filled the time, but I would not have gone out of my way for some of the shows.

My shy daughter was eager to go to the teen center every evening and on the at sea days. It must have been good, because we never seemed to see and she did not complain. Truthfully, she reported having a great time.

Room steward was great. The wait staff attentive.

While the ship is large, over 2600 passengers, it did not feel crowded, except in the buffet at peak meal times.

We were upgraded from a balcony room to a mini-suite. The room was fabulous. Because we were the last room on the starboard side of the ship and it had an extra wide balcony. talk about getting spoiled.

Pros: The ship was well designed and it was easy to move around

Cons: Food options we limited on any given day

Recommends Sapphire Princess? Yes!