Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Alaska 2014 with Grandson

Sail Date: July 18, 2014

My wife, grandson and I enjoyed this cruise very much.  We have done a Princess cruise to Alaska, 17 Disney cruises to various locations including Alaska and now a Royal Caribbean cruise to Alaska.  The Rhapsody of the Seas was an impressive ship for this trip and had good entertainment and a multitude of things to do on at Sea days.  My grandson had a great time and is looking forward to a RCI cruise with his family and us

in 2016.  We booked 3 more cruises while on the ship for our 50th wedding anniversary in September 2015.

The food was very good and we felt it was better than other cruise lines.

I did not enjoy paying for sodas and juice for my wife but she liked the fact that she could get the items at any bar.

For a 17 year old ship, it was in great shape and loved the cruise as is evident my our future bookings.

I didn't get anything that I did not like. My wife did get a piece of beef that was redder than she like, but did not say anything.
Thoroughly enjoyed our dining staff- Diokman and Renaldo and head waiter.
Some of the material was just OK. None was bad.
We played several games of trivia and had a ball. Enjoyed the Naturalist and Mountie presentations.
Would have like to have gone to Ketchican in addition to Skagway and Juneau, but not a big deal. Had a great time on the steam train ride to the Summit and the panning for gold and Salmon bake.
Our room was just fine for the three of us. ( I made a joking comment to my grandson about trying to suffocate me by loosing his blanket onto me below.)

We had a flickering light bulb situation over the bed that was addressed within a half hour.

Morning coffee with a few people each morning on deck outside Windjammer. Enjoyed self serve ice cream on deck outside Windjammers. My wife and grandson loved eating snack or lite lunch at Park Café in Solarium.