Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Rhapsody 7 night Alaska cruise

Sail Date: June 29, 2012

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The ship is decent with 8 decks for staterooms. We went on this Alaska Cruise in July and had a nice inside stateroom with 2 bunk beds for the kids. Therere enough activities on the boat that we were only in the room for sleeping, so the room was not matter much to us. The ocean adventure center could be fun for little kids, but my 9 and 11 years old boys didnt like it. They said it was boring for them. We traveled with my friend who has a 6 years old girl and she loved it and didnt want to leave the place. Therere only one outside pool and one small inside pool on deck 9. My kids love swimming, so swimming pool is always priority on my list when I travel. I was a little disappointed at the swimming pools on this boat because the kids were limited to the swimming. It was cold for the outside pool when the boat was at sea or even at dock in Alaska. The inside pool has limited hours for kids (12-2 pm and 4-8 pm). My kids tried both outside and inside pools anyways, but I think they could do better with the swimming pools, especially for Alaska Cruise. I have to give a thumb up for the cruise director, Anna, as all the activities on the boat were fun and well organized/timing. The service staffs are friendly and very nice. Over all, I would give it a 4/5 stars.

Pros: Activities were well organized and funfun. Excellent services

Cons: Swimming poold were limitted\, too much shopping and diamond talks

Recommends Rhapsody of the Seas? No.

The staffs are very nice and friendly. They remember my kids' name and their drinks by the second day.
Activities were well organized and fun
My 9 and 11 years old kids didnt like to use the Ocean advanture center that much. They only used 3 times.