Regal Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

November 13th cruise

Sail Date: November 13, 2016

Reviewed: 9 days ago

The waiters in the dining room and horizon were absolutely fantastic. My first cruise with Princess was in the late 90's and it was fantastic. Since then it has definitely gone down. (Really noticed the difference over the last few years)The food is not as good, the lobster is the size of a prawn, the choices are not as good, and my steak was the size of a McDonalds cheese burger and my father's was fat and gristle and he could not eat it. The shows are not as good and one was the same show as the one last year. There is not much for people in their 40's, 50's or 60's to do in the evenings. The music in the evening by the pool was fine if you are in your 20's looking to act like a college student. (If I wanted that I would go on Carnival.) The club plays decent music from 10-11 at night and then the music switches over and you literally can watch the dance floor clear and the club clear out. Then unless you want to sit and listen to somebody play the piano there is nothing to do. Princess used to be the cruise line for people in their 40's and up. Not anymore. Very very disappointing. My parents have been cruising with Princess for over 20 years and this is their last cruise with Princess because they have been so disappointed lately. I would not recommend Princess any more.

Went on the Regal and it's rooms and balconies are smaller.
The entertainment was nothing great. They had the same show as last year. There is nothing to do after 11 other than the club which plays music for college kids. So if you are in your 20's YAY! If not good luck probably going to be bored and disappointed.
The wait staff was very friendly and good.
Food and selections were not good.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic
We went to a "resort" and the beach was dirty and trash everywhere. I have never seen so many flies in my life. They had food out for people and flies were crawling all over it. Absolutely disgusting!

Do NOT get off the ship at Amber Cove and don't open your balcony door if you don't want to take a chance of getting flies in your room. It had trash floating in the water and on the beach at the"resort" excursion.