Regal Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Regal Princess Cruise a mixture of excellence and ordianry or worse.

Sail Date: March 06, 2016

> The beauty, cleanliness, and freshly painted spaces of the ship are superior.

>The genuine friendliness and service by Richard, our stateroom steward, was above even the high level often experienced in this aspect of cruising.

>The Caribbean experience provided on Princess Cays is excellent.  The shore buffet was just right.  The little island is beautiful.  However, I would have liked better walkway accommodations to the tip of the island, especially along and behind the rental cottages. St. Thomas is beautiful.  St.  Maarten has a little beauty but far more of crowded and unattractive Caribbean life.

>The food in main dining was inconsistent at best.  The prime rib and lobster were excellent but other meals were so-so or worse.  Not that I expect prime rib and lobster every night but the other "lower level" dishes ought to be at least tasty.  The standard here is far below the standards we enjoyed on the typical cruise of 15 years ago.  We enjoyed most of the food we chose on the Lido buffet.

> The shows are not particularly enjoyable although I must admit that the style of them may well be just right for younger people.  I know that you have to appeal to the folks younger than me at 78, but there are an awful lot of guests on board about my age.  If necessary, you should provide more entertainers in the smaller venues who would perform the music of the 1950s and more light classical music. Sad to say, I left the theatre and spent more time watching movies in our room.

Room steward Richard stands out for his genuine friendliness and superb service, demonstrating a higher standard that even the typical good work we often experience on cruises.
Embarkation was painful. A line two to four abreast stretching about two blocks just to get in the building was very bad. It did not even use line dividers to help keep order and there was very little order.

Pipe all public address info into the staterooms. You might be providing important information that we would miss. Consider providing doughnuts. What a simple, inexpensive pleasure. As you do bait and switch so often, one must find the specialty shop and pay extra for even a simple doughnut.

1 Comment