A good cruise for the money!

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Sail Date: July 05, 2012
We sailed on Radiance of the Sea from Vancouver to Alaska. It was a really nice ship but then I have nothing to compare to. I loved being able to sit with a drink (the bottomless diet coke was SO worth it!!!) and watch the water. We had the opportunity to meet the captain and he spent some time chatting with us....a really nice guy! I loved it! Alaska is beautiful! I never thought I would like it but would go again...on Radiance... in a hearbeat!

Food was good but not exceptional by any means. It was consistent from day to day and the servers worked to keep areas clean. We ate at Samba Grill one night and it was very good! My friend and I celebrate a milestone birthday there and they made it a very nice evening! That is the one night food was way above average! It cost a little more but was worth it!

There was a good variety of activities on board. Forget the jewelry seminars! All they are trying to do is set up the sale when you get to port. I never got bored....there was so much to do I never read my book!

Left children at home!!! They seem to have a lot for them to do\, but not that much!

Staff was excellent and very accommodating! Our stateroom attendant searched and found me an extension cord for my CPAP soon after our arrival!

Very clean. Easy to get around. It was great!

Stateroom was very basic (that was what we paid for) clean and comfortable. We were at the end of the hall so there was no noise from others around us.

Pros: Ship was nice\, stateroom attendant was AWESOME\, Like the variety of things to do on the ship!

Cons: smoking areas in Casino and too near dining

Recommends Radiance of the Seas? Yes!