Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review to Mexico

Nightmare Cruise

Sail Date: March 01, 2010

Room Type: Suite

We purchased the owners suite which was around $5,000.00. Day 1. Bathroom door was broken. One of the faucetts was broken. While I was bathing, dark brown water started coming out. Day 2. Bathroom door was fixed, faucett was fixed, water (brown slug) still came out of faucetts, was told that water was OK they just flushed the system and that it will clear up. HUSBAND WAS LOCKED OUT ON BALCONY BY ATTENDENT FOR THREE HOURS. Attendent was cleaning room, so my husband told him he would just sit out on the balcony until he was finished. The attendent locked the balcony door and left. My husband said he thought he would remember and come back but he didn't. After 3 hrs, my husband saw someone out on the ship within yelling distance and then security came and let him in. It was cold and we were in the middle of the pacific ocean. Day 3. The jacuzzi boke, I was taking a bath and more brown stuff came out of the faucett, I think it shorted out the pumps. Day 4 Jacuzzi still broken, brown sluge still coming out of faucett. Attendent said he could not do anything about it. People started getting sick and the cruise staff started serving people in the buffet and were not allowed to shake anyone hands Day 5 STILL getting brown sluge, every time I think it is cleared up and I try to take a bath, brown sluge is all over the jacuzzi, even staining the wash cloths. Day 6 STILL getting brown sluge, Cruise ship CHARGES for bottled water (nice, guess you are suppose to drink the brown slug) Day 7. Made it off the ship ALIVE.........As I said, we had an owners suite, room service never seemed to know what we could order and rarely brought everygthing that we ordered. This was for my mothers 90's birthday and even though we sched. a "special" celebration before the cruise, it never happened. I am beyond dissappointed and consulting legal advise.

Pros: Staff was nice

Cons: Husband locked out on balcony for three hours.

Recommends Radiance of the Seas? No.

I would give then a higher rating except the communication between staff was lacking. Apparently no one thought it was a big deal that my husband got locked out on the balcony or that our water was brown with slug in it.
Our suite had broken bathroom door, broken faucett, brown slug coming out of faucett, jacuzzi broke, pillow had stuffing coming out of end that open half way down. Blankets had holes and were dirty. Speakers were on in both living area and bedroom so if you wanted to go to bed while someone else watched TV, you could not.
Wait staff at restaurant were extreemly nice.