The best vacation decision we ever made

Queen Mary 2 Cruise Review to Transatlantic

15 Night Roundtrip Transatlantic (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 28, 2017
Ship: Queen Mary 2
I hate to use the cliche..the trip of a lifetime...but if I had to choose one trip this would be it. We loved the idea of not stopping in ports...7 days of just enjoying the journey. I wanted to experience crossing the Atlantic as my ancestors did nearly 300 years ago but awfully happy I had the Queen Mary accommodations. And the solitude and quietness was amazing. So many passengers, like me, read books to just the ever present sound of the sea. It was amazing and awe inspiring.
So much better than flying! Bags taken from us the minute we pulled to the curb! Easy security and registration. Everything was done very efficiently.

We enjoyed the main dining room for dinner and found we actually like the 8:30 seating. It gave us the whole day to explore and rather than having lunch, we would eat a late breakfast and then tea in the King's Court buffet. Loved afternoon tea!

The promenade deck was all we needed to do our fitness walks...and we liked to go on the top decks to walk as well.

The shows were very entertaining and just the right length of time. We also enjoyed the planetarium shows, movies and best for us were the lecture series on China, India and Germany.

No children with us...

They were great. After the first day, our waiters knew exactly what we liked to drink, were happy to recommend food and to accommodate whatever we wanted. Our room steward was also very attentive and straightened up the room the minute we left so we always returned to a clean room.

I loved the layout and found the ship so easy to explore. Everything was well marked. My only negative comment is that I felt the rugs could have been cleaner in the main lobby as well as our cabin. I understand the quick turn around they must do but clean floors is one of my pet peeves. Having the slippers in the cabin made it all OK..

Was the perfect size and layout. Plenty of closet space and loved having a couch and desk. I don't think I would need the balcony in colder weather but certainly enjoyed it for our cruise.

Just do it...No review or research can give you this experience. It was surreal being on the ship. We had 2 days of pretty rough seas but we hardly felt a thing because of how well this ship is designed. And expect to feel that you are traveling abroad. We hardly met any other Americans and had some wonderful times with people from the UK, New Zealand, and the Channel Islands.

New York, New York Did not visit port

We live only 2 hours from NY.

Southampton (London), England Did not visit port

We went directly to London for 5 days but expect to visit this port the next time!
Again, so well organized. I am always a bit nervous when coming or going when traveling but they made it uneventful. They told us where to be and what time and it all went like clockwork...travel with no stress!!