My expectations were high. The cruise went way beyond all of them.

Queen Mary 2 Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Blue Note Jazz At Sea Eastbound Transatlantic (New York To Southampton)
Sail Date: October 25, 2016
Ship: Queen Mary 2

No mere "cruise", the trans-Atlantic crossing was exceptional in every way.  To those who say "why do you want to be stuck on a ship for 8 days", I answer that you won't run out of things to do but you will run out of time to do them all.

Completely worth the upgrade to a balcony. There's nothing that can beat watching the stars from your own balcony.

Don't miss out on the special formal nights because you don't want to buy or pack formal clothes. I found lovely dresses at thrift stores and took one pair of evening sandals, which took up little room in my suitcase.