Cruising in Comfort and Style

Queen Mary 2 Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Westbound Crossing
Sail Date: October 18, 2016

I love the Queen Mary 2. I enjoy sea days on cruises and the 6 days  crossing the Atlantic are chocked full of interesting things to do. I love their lecture series. The guest lecturers are very informative with interesting topics.  There is enough public space that I never felt crowded. I love the library and bookstore. The afternoon tea is not to be missed. Unfortunately, this trip I found that the bookstore has changed vendors. Gone are all of the Cunard memorbilia. On a previous crossing I bought a small World Atlas with Cunard emblazoned on the cover. The library and the Commidore Club offer seats facing large windows at the front of the ship. These were my favorite places to sit and relax.

Cabin has a larger shower than other cruise ships. However, the floor of the shower is rough on the feet. I placed a hand towel on the floor of the shower and my feet were grateful.