Queen Mary 2 Cruise Review to Transatlantic

sailing westward on the QM2

Sail Date: July 17, 2016

Cabin: 4009

I believe the QM2 is the best of all of the cruise ships.  However just sailing from Southampton to New York is called a crossing,----albeit the most elegant luxurious crossing you could ever imagine.

The only thing I would like Cunard to do differently is that I was assigned a dinner table in the Britannia restaurant which seated me right next to a lady that they had seated me with at my table the very year before. So it was not exactly like a fresh new voyage.  Plus she only showed up at the table every other day at our table for six.  All in all---I love the ship, and the service and entertainment was A-1.

It was an inside cabin (very cost effective) which was way way way up at the bow of the ship which means it is a long long walk to everything else toward the aft of the ship. They charge more to be midship. Having sailed several times you would think they might give you a little upgrade for your loyalty. My cabin was very nice and had plenty of room.