Queen Mary 2 Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Truly the Grande Dame of the Atlantic...

Sail Date: December 15, 2015

Room Type: Suite

Cabin: 10051

Where to start?  The QM2 exceeded our expectations by a country mile.  The food (Princess Grille) was excellent, daily afternoon tea superb (the scones and clotted cream are among the best I've ever had), room service prompt, and overall service was easily Michelin-level with a genuine hospitality.

Many charming passengers to meet, many of us even 6 months after still regularly keep in touch.

I wasn't expecting to enjoy myself, as I'm not old and stuffy.  However, I can't wait to go again on this boat, on this route.  There's something about a liner versus a cruise and the panache that Cunard can deliver when on their A-game.

Get. A. Grille. Suite.

Simple as that. Blows the regular staterooms out of the water.

Huge bathroom compared to standard. Walk-in Closet. Full sofa and table for dining (and separate lounger). Bar area with fully stocked crystal. Complimentary bottled water. Fresh fruit daily.
Embarkation could have been a bit better, Disembarkation was held up due to port of NY, but very easy to maneuver and get an Uber outside.
Destinations and Excursions N/A
Older folks loved the lecture programs. I tended to sleep in more due to late night activities.
Children's Programs N/A
G32 a welcome late night spot.
Go for the Grille class and be impressed. Afternoon tea is a must.

Arrive a day ahead of your sail date. Southampton is a good 2 hour drive from Heathrow. In the event of any delays you can still make your embarkation time safely. Hotels are reasonably priced in the area.