Queen Mary 2 Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Third Mate

A journey on three levels

Sail Date: June 03, 2015

Cabin: 6210

This experience was extraordinary on many levels. First of all, this is a "crossing", going from A to B, leaving an enigmatic place, getting close to the middle of nowhere, meeting the heart of the Atlantic, anticipating arrival and sailing in the channel at the end. For me, it was an almost mystical, transformative voyage, a second birth. The great thing is, that there is so much time to contemplate on this journey while the ocean lulls the mind and rocks the waters in your body to the rhythm of the universe.

Second, she is beautiful. Imposing. Magnificent. Classic. Elegant. Singular. Historic.

Third, the service was immaculate. In the stateroom, in the Britannia, during tea, or randomly anyone was kind and generous. I was traveling with my daughter who is almost five and we felt welcome and appreciated by staff and by fellow travelers (regardless of their average age being over 75 in general). The KIDS' ZONE facility is safe, secure, clean with great staff to care for children. I left her with them with a quiet heart.

Overall, this crossing exceeded my expectations on every level.

1 Comment