Queen Mary 2 Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Queen Mary II a disappointment

Sail Date: November 19, 2014

Although I have more than 550 nights at sea, this was my first experience with Cunard.  I did not expect (nor did I get) the quality of Regent, Seabourn, Oceania nor Celebrity.  I did expect an experience that would exceed (or at least match) that of sister Carnivel Corp. cruise lines Princess and Holland America.  It did not even meet this lower expectation and standard,  The food was consistently poor and, for the most part, the service indifferent.  If, like me, you seek transportation to or from Europe and there is no other cruise line available then go ahead and book the QM II.  It was not a catastrophic "Cruise from Hell" and was definitely better than breathing foul air in a metal tube at 37,000 feet.  It was just "Poor" compared to all my other cruise experiences.   If a competing cruise line is crossing at the same time, I definitely recommend avoiding the QM II and going to plan B.

1 Comment