Queen Mary 2 Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Third Mate

Queen Mary 2:Royalty

Sail Date: September 08, 2014

There is no finer ship in the World than the Queen Mary 2.  She is THE Ocean liner that all others to come, will have to live up to.  As an experienced sailor, I can say that I was extremely pleased to be on this Royal ship when seas approached 20 feet and winds exceeded 50 knots.  There was almost no movement despite the seas.  I was amazed.  Our room was well appointed and the balcony is a must.  We left the door open every night so we could hear the ocean.  The sound of the ocean is a natural sedative.  The food was great and the service was wonderful.  Many of those working aboard the ship are away from their families for 6 or 9 months at a stretch and some generosity goes a long way in winning them over.  Sorry, but that's how the world works.  By the end of the cruise we were like family.  There was so much to do on board including a Planetarium, Canyon Ranch Spa, concerts, speakers and a nice casino.  The Veuve Cliquot Champagne Bar is magnificent and high tea is in a word, elegant.  My wife and I loved it so much we are already planning another Trans Atlantic crossing next summer.  When we disembarked, we were very relaxed and unstressed.  There's something about being away from land and civilization for a week.  To sum it up, The Queen Mary 2 offers much welcomed civility in an uncivilized world.

Destinations and Excursions No where to stop in the ocean

By the photos and the album. We have wonderful photos to remember our 25th wedding anniversary. Must do a spa day.