A disappointing cruise

Pride of Hawaii Cruise Review to Hawaii

7 Night Hawaii (Honolulu Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 28, 2008
The ship was large and they say fully booked. I paid a usual fare and with airfare this was not an inexpensive vacation. Upon arriving to my cabin, the safe was not working, (the mechanical parts to the door were missing). I asked for another room with a working safe, not available. It took 3 days of cruising before the safe was fixed. We had to inconviently use the safe at the pursar's desk. The room was made up twice on a 7 day cruise before lunch, the rest of the days it was made up around dinner time, the reason given was that some of the crew left the ship because it was the last cruise and they werent staying on with the ship.

Usually when i cruise i have a hard time picking a dinner item because I like several. That was not the case here, I had to pick an everyday item 3 times and the tast was just not up to par.

Some days the main show was only at one time. I fell asleep at two fo the shows and skipped two. I usually like shows.

All I heard was that the safe would be taken care of and the limited crew was all there was so things might be a little late.

The ship itself was of good quality.

I cant feel comfortable in a stateroom that is not made up till late in the afternoon. I alos feel the stateroom was not ready to be occupied with a broken safe.
didnt really like the bus tour, but thats my fault for picking it. Highlight was wallmart for gifts.
Hawaii is lush and tropical, rained alot the whole cruise, bring umbrellas in winter.
Only place we got some sun.

Pros: one of the excursions to the lava fields

Cons: reduced service crew , reduced housekeeping, little good ship entertainment

Recommends Pride of Hawaii? No.