No pride on the Pride of Hawaii

Pride of Hawaii Cruise Review to Hawaii

7 Night Hawaii (Honolulu Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 11, 2007
Ship: Pride of Hawaii
The staff was not courteous at all. It was praised as an all-American crew and I'm wishing it wasn't. The service was slow and the employees were less than helpful. We heard several crew members complaining about their jobs and two other complaining about cruise passengers.

The ports seemed quite industrial with the exception of Kona. I was expecting that a Hawaiian cruise would be beautiful in every port. Not the case here. In Kahului (Maui) and Nawiliwili Bay (Kauai), we were looking directly off our balcony at stacks of shipping containers. I was expecting Hawaii to have incredible ports since tourism is their top industry. The ports were not at all what I or my wife expected. Hilo was plain ugly. We think a drug deal took place right in front of us near the bus stop in town.

The food in the Aloha Nui Cafe was basically the same every night of the cruise and several of the condiments ran out, too. The service in the Grand Pacific Restaurant was slow at best. It took us over an hour and a half to be served a 5-course meal. My wife and I whipped through the courses when they did arrive, but the next course lagged behind. We ended up missing one of the shows because of the long delays.

Not as good as the activities & entertainment on board the Royal Caribbean 'Navigator of the Seas'.

Slow and not very courteous. They seemed like they all needed new jobs.

The decor was so bright, it hurt my eyes. Lots of seashells and the room was clad in a bright orange and blue. The stateroom itself was much smaller than a previous cruise we took on Royal Caribbean.
Very industrial view outside of our cabin. Not the typical Hawaii you would come to expect. The island itself was very lush and beautiful.
Don't Miss: Sailing past the Na Pali coast just after exiting the port.
Don't Miss: Snorkeling
Seemed very down-trodden. As a cruise destination, I was expecting it to be cleaner, and have more activities in the surrounding area. There were almost no sand beaches here.
Beautiful. Best port of the cruise.

Recommends Pride of Hawaii? No.