A First-Timer's Impression of Cruising

Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

7 Night Hawaii (Honolulu Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 23, 2016
Ship: Pride of America

As a first-time cruiser, I had a number of misconceptions. As an initial impression, the Pride of America was huge, but by week's end I had been forward to aft a number of times.

Eating was my main occupation aboard the vessel. I failed to gain the five pounds I was certain that I would. I tried all the restaurants aboard the ship. I met some interesting people. I may or may not cruise again.

It is expensive and not as luxurious as I had expected. The staterooms are smaller than my bedroom at home. But it was lovely to have a steward tidy up daily. Ours, Grey, was very nice.

I attended an auction, a 60s concert and some less memorable events. I had hoped to find a bridge group aboard to sharpen my skills, but alas, the card room was never really occupied. I did truly enjoy the comedian whose show I attended twice.

Adequate, not luxurious.