POA AOK

Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Hawaii (Honolulu Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 12, 2014
Ship: Pride of America

We   sailed on april 13. The trip was great . Staff all courteous, pleasant and helpful. Ship  clean, well stocked and well appointed. I've heard complaints that the food is only so so. I'm a big foodie, and I didn't have ANY complaints about the food (except the sausages at breakfast). We went to 3 of the  speciality restaurants. All were great (Moderno, Jefferson's Bistro and East Meets West.) The Main dining rooms were also really good! Lamb chops snd Rib eye steak, swordfish and pecan crusted grouper. Come on, what else could  you want? We had a large aft facing cabin which was really nice. I wouldn'tt have wanted a smalller one. The ports themselves were not great- industrial working ports , I guess saves NCL money- but I didn't go to Hawaii to look at the port, so I really didn't care about that. We were off the ship first thing everyday. The excursions were also great, though pricey. At  one point some Other passengers got intto a traffic jam and the captain held the ship for them, which I thoought was great, too It didn't affect our plans at all and it showed they care about the passengers I highly recommend the trip and the shi.

Go to Moderno for breakfast. It's the same food but far fewer people and you can sit out on the aft deck to eeat.

as above,but there are plenty of things to do in Hilo