Great Sites, Poor Service

Pride of Aloha Cruise Review to Hawaii

7 Night Hawaii (Honolulu Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 04, 2007
Ship: Pride of Aloha
Decent, the spa was weak but fitness facility was very handy. Pool and Basket ball courts seemed to get a lot of use. Food was ok, nothing to die for but I think the staffing (with the exception of a few that liked their jobs).

I actually didn't attend too many of the shows as other than the comedy and Magic they didn't appeal to me, but I'm not retired and that generation seemed happy. Fith (CD) was the one guy that seemed to be everywhere. By far the hardest working person on the ship.

I can't give you one example of someone going above and beyond. I could give you 50 examples of when they had an opportunity they could have. They just didn't love their jobs. Most nights they spent more time talking to each other than the guests. If they are going to talk go to the kitchen especially when 99% were personal conversations. Its all about perception.

Clean and although they are never big rooms it was more than enough. Beds were the most uncomfortable things I have slept on. I even considered going and stealing a poolside chair to sleep in.
The actual city appeared to be in a time warp, hardly any touristy things to do in town. Really regret not taking shore excursion to the volcanos but thought that somewhere downtown would run a tour or shuttle, nope!
Don't Miss: I'm assuming the volcanos
Loved Maui, rent a car as you are there for 2 days but excellent if you can go to Wailea and Lahiana
Don't Miss: Bogie Bording
Great feel of town, little touristy but hell a cruise ship is probably there every few days.
Don't Miss: Pay the $20 for the shuttle to the snorkling spot 5 minutes outside town. Amazing viewing
Not much of a town but great start on the trip. Lush enviroment was beautiful.
Don't Miss: Waimea Canyon, closest thing to the Grand Canyon!

Pros: Bigger than expected, had fitness, pool, basketball, decent dinning

Cons: Quality of service, noone went above and beyond. Almost seemed like it was beneath them to service the guests. 1of 5 was good. 4 of 5 shouldn't work in the service industry.

Recommends Pride of Aloha? No.