My "significant birthday" Overall great!

Oosterdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaskan Explorer (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 27, 2012
Ship: Oosterdam
I hated the pushy, obnoxious up-selling going on ALL the time. Soda, beer, jewelry, art, photos, purses, sweatshirts... just about everything you can think of. I think our final bill was the lowest on the ship.
Told everyone I met that it was my birthday, and when. Had a cake, candle, song that eve; plus lots of good birthday wishes from everyone i met.

Some very interesting, delicious. I probably should have been more aggressive in getting it how i wanted it, which i often did. Loved having room service breakfast, in bed. Our dinner seating was too early. Table for 6 where we were often the only ones. Dining room staff fantastic.

A lot to do. I found more than one thing i wanted to do at the same time. Tho i didn't do enough. Weather was so bad we couldn't get out in fresh air to walk enough... only one decent day out of 7.

Everyone was so nice. They put you in a nice, friendly, helpful mood. Their service is contagious!

First cruise so nothing to compare it to. Seemed adequate enough. Glad it was not garish, flashy.

Verandah room in very front of the ship. Liked the location, privacy, but hated the steel half-wall. I wanted to lie in bed, see out, but i couldn't. i knew this b4 boarding, but location of stateroom turned out to be very good.

Pros: the bed! our cabin stewards, their towel creations, room service breakfast. cabin location convenient to dining, entertainment decks, privacy. People we met, interesting conversations.

Cons: weather sucks. food plentiful but a little tedious as the week went on.

Recommends Oosterdam? Yes!