Oosterdam Cruise Review to Hawaii

Enjoyable cruise

Sail Date: April 19, 2012

I have travelled Holland-America a few times now. This time I was a little disappointed we we chose an inside room (our fault) only to discover it was so small (my husband is 6'2") but mostly it smelled to me of cigarettes. Not that it hadn't been cleaned as it had and the fellows kept it clean - as time went on the smell lifted. I am an outdoor person so the fact that we had 2 days upon returning that we could not go outside I did not appreciate. I understand but didn't care for that. I love the fact that bridge lessons/bridge play - we did it every day when not on excursions - is available. The excursions were also wonderful, most particularly, the guides exceeded our expectations on all islands. I found that some of the food combinations at dinner were strange - exotic - and I cook all kinds of foods. Some pairings just didn't go together.
I think the ship, itself, perhaps needs a bit of an uplift. It was nice to be taken care of!!!

Pros: Entertainment, comfortable beds, excursions

Cons: inside room was stuffy and smelled of cigarettes; dinner combos were sometimes too exotic for the age group present.

Recommends Oosterdam? Yes!

Far too small for 2 when the husband is 6'2" but mostly the room smelled of cigarettes the 1st couple of days. We will never choose an inside room again. Lesson learned.
Wonderful, friendly staff!!