Oosterdam Cruise Review to Alaska

Great Cruise and value

Sail Date: May 01, 2008

Our 19th Cruise. This is a very, very friendly crew; ready to help you at any moment. (We do not cruise to entertain the kiddies... that's what Disneyland is for.) Seven days on our second Alaska cruise with many people who have cruised many times before, so this was perfect as we were treated as intelligent humans... not needing to be "organized" on the deck in order to know to look at the glacier off starboard. The dining is excellent. One can charge into the buffet at any hour or relax in the restaurant whenever it suits you with friendly service. The striking thing is that none the staff is rushing round crashing into one another and breaking things... as I have seen on other ships... but things appear as if by magic, immediately. Would go again in a moment... a great value as well!

Pros: Relaxed and well-thought-out with a friendly atmosphere

Recommends Oosterdam? Yes!

Clean as a whistle. There are close to 2000 passangers and I prefer a smaller ship, if I have the choice.
Excellent... see above. A very varied cuisine. Something to please everyone, really. Fish, Meat, excellent soups and devilishly good desserts.
Very large cabin (we booked the least expensive, inside cabin). Even so, I think that next time I would opt for an outside as it is worth it with a ship that has so many passangers... if you want to sit quietly and read and watch the sea roll by.
Excellent shows, especially the magician and the comedian. (I am not one for the feathers-Vegas type show). Good singers and dancers.