Beautiful ship!

Odyssey of the Seas Cruise Review

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Odyssey of the Seas

5 Night Western Caribbean (Fort Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 06, 2021

Ship: Odyssey of the Seas

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 7250

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

Solo cruise! Odyssey is beautiful. I found plenty to do on board. Staff is friendly and attentive. Food was very good. But there's something up with the alcohol onboard, it just didn't taste right!

Embarkation

Arrival at port to on the ship = 15 minutes. Well organized, friendly staff and quick process!

Ship experiences

All the food was good. I had the unlimited specialty dining plan. I ate twice at each venue. Izumi sushi was fantastic and my top favorite. Giovannis would be my second choice. Then Chops, Playmakers and then Wonderland. Wonderland is about the experience more than the food in my opinion.

There weren't a lot of daily activities except trivia but the VR experience, Ifly skydiving, Northstar, Skypad and bumper cars were so awesome! Make sure to experience them all.

The performance "The Book" was spectacular, Las Vegas quality show on sea. Showgirls was good but not my favorite. The Effectors was slow to start but got better as it went on, the drone sequence was mesmerizing. The final headliner show with two singers was just ok.

Everyone was very attentive, smiling, and friendly. Staff remembered my name that I didn't even realize I had met.

The ship isn't even a year old. It's absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors they chose for the staterooms.

My studio balcony cabin was fantastic. Small but it was just for me. Lots of storage. The balcony was huge and I enjoyed it.

Ship tip

Definitely try the specialty dining. I wouldn't get the unlimited dining package again because it was too much food. Definitely do Zone zero! Do not miss the campfire cookie at playmakers!

Ports of call

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida

Disembarkation

Quick, simple and easy process. Customs is simply a scanning of your face which is super fast