Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Ten stars would be more appropriate

Sail Date: June 18, 2016

I loved every minute of this cruise and can't wait to repeat.

I've never been on a ship where everyone was smiling and pleasant ALL The Time!

Staff was warm and welcoming and eager to make their guests feel at home.  Superior waiters in My Time Dining (Ben and Alex), a dedicated jazz room featuring Perry Phillips Quartet, CATS, Come Fly With Me and the Aqua Show gave us many choices of how to spend our time (or not).

Love

This was a handicapped accessible cabin. Good size, wonderful bed and sheets, and an accessible shower. My only problem was getting into the bathroom in a wheelchair because the turn space wasn't large enough. Had to use my walker to get into the bathroom.
I was surprised that the ship didn't have more wheelchair accessible tours of the ports. Fortunately, the ports had finding tours down to a science -- especially Saint Kitts
couldn't see everything because there were so many choices. what we chose were outstanding.
Children's Programs didn't have kids with us, but enjoyed seeing them have fun!
Perry Phillips Quartet - made everyone feel welcome to their Jazz on 4 club
Alisdaire ?, director of CATS/pianist extraordinaire, great accompaniest
Entertainers who did the backstage tour. They made sure to clear a space so I could see from the front row as I was unable to get on the stage in my wheelchair.
The theater staff who took me on the elevator in my wheelchair and found the best place for me to sit that was accessible (depending on the show).
Same at the Aqua show. Staff was terrific!
Ben Amor and Alex Fernandez(sp?) waiters/friends extraordinaire
Jocelyn, welcoming and beautiful cabin caregiver in #12162
Women barstaff in Piano Bar. They were friendly, professional, caring and fun. I'm embarrassed that I can't remember their names.

wonderful new menu. Feel like anchovies on your salad even though they're not on the menu? Just ask -- you'll have them.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
On the pier, they couldn't find a vehicle without a huge step that I could get into to go on a tour Surprisingly, that was not a problem in St. Kitts.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Calvin Tours was arranged on the pier by the person in charge who called him since I needed a vehicle without a huge step. Calvin was very knowledgeable and we enjoyed getting to know him, the island and its history.

If you get on this ship, smile and say thank you to everyone who helps you, you will have a marvelous trip AND meet new best friends! Everything else will fall into place.