First time on the Oasis Class Ship

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Second Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 18, 2014
Ship: Oasis of the Seas

We have been on several cruises on Carnival, Princess and Royal Caribbean, this was the first time on the very large Oasis Class ships.  I have wanted to try the Oasis since it was built.  Now that I have done it, I prefer the regular sized ships a little better.  All in all, this was a very good cruise.  To be fair several people we met said they only sail on the Oasis or the Allure because they prefer this type of ship.  We had a Central Park Balcony room and I felt like we we staying in a resort hotel that was near the ocean, and you had to walk a half block to get to the beach.  Perhaps if we had an ocean view I would have felt differently.  I did not always feel like I was on a cruise ship.  Lots of variety of places to eat or things to do.  I read other reviews that said that for as many people that were on the ship, there were very few lines.  I did not find this to be true.  If you eat at prime time, we found long lines, difficulty finding seats at the Windjammer Cafe, and long lines for things like the zipline etc. You can work around this, but it was not convienient for us.

Either very good or fair, inconsistant

Lots of options

Lots of activities, best shows I have seen at sea!

A few eating venues and activities had long lines.

Nice room, had problems with interactive TV. They did fix it.

Attend the Central Park Garden tour, great info on the plants, but also info on how the ship was built and logistic issues the y dealt with.

NIce to have a port where you can just chill out.
Went on the Sugar Plantation tour, a 2 hour tour that took 4 hours. Interseting