Good Cruise for a retiring ship

Norwegian Wind Cruise Review to Hawaii

10 Night Hawaiian Islands (Honolulu Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 14, 2007
Ship: Norwegian Wind
The service staff was excellent. It was a older and smaller ship, and with that in mind I did not expect too much. The ports of call is what I was interested in. After looking and asking ppl that had visited Hawaii, many ppl had told me that it's pretty expensive. So I decided to take a cruise to save some money, and I believe I did considering the prices of food and drinks once we did reach ports of call. It's a good thing that the ship is going back to the "mother" cruise line to be converted into a casino cruise ship. Because compared to the newew fleet that NCL has it's a disgrace.
We were on a shore ex. "rainforest 4x4 and hiking" the tour guide that we had was very knowledgeable of the island. He was a native of Calif, who relocated to Hawaii, but there was only one question that was asked of him that he did not know the answer too.
We decided not to take an shore ex. on this port of call. But there were plenty of things to do, free shuttles to shopping.
Recommend any one who visits this island to go on a whale watching. The tour that we went on they went out of their way to ensure that we saw "pods of whales" The luau was very entertaining, the food wasn't too bad either.
We just walked around picking up any last minute gifts.
We just walked around picking up any last minute gifts.

Pros: The service staff was one of the best I have ever experienced.

Recommends Norwegian Wind? No.