Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Contributor Level: Third Mate

A Trip to Alaska

Sail Date: September 21, 2015

Room Type: Suite

The  other cruisers onboard were very nice and the service by our butler and concierge was exceptional.  You could tell the staff were tired and at the end of the season and it showed.  The service in the dining rooms and the food were marginal at best.  I decided that I did not like freestyle dining as you never got to know your server or them you.  The personal attention was gone and when there was an issue with the food - it took time to resolve if ever.  Out suite room was exceptional with perks I did not know about but certainly enjoyed.  The view off our balcony was spectacular.

Cruise Photos

The group we were with enjoy the view during our day at Glacier Bay. There was enough room for everyone to enjoy the balcony and not be crowded. The jet tub was a god send as we had some sore back muscles for which it was great.
This went very smooth. My only comment is that for priority luggage - it was at the farthest point.
I had never taken shore excursions on any of my previous cruises but the organization of these excursions and the quality were exceptional.
Did not utilize so really no comment.
The various venues playing every night were wonderful. Enjoyed the variety of music at the different areas throughout an evening. The ability to listen and dance in more than one area was really nice.
Dominic and Elvina were exceptional. The rest of the service staff left a lot to be desired. You could tell they were ready to move on and were glad it was the last cruise this season. Kelly our room steward was great and presented us with a special towel animal.
The pork chop couldn't even be cut with a knife. The same food over and over - no real change up in menu. No lobster on a 7 night cruise - I have never experienced that before. You could though have salmon every night if you wanted to.