Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

NEVER LEAVE AN NCL SHIP WITHOUT AN INVOICE IN YOUR HAND MARKED FINAL!

Sail Date: August 04, 2013

I've been on many cruises and I regarded (past tense) Norwegian better than most mid-priced cruise lines.....that is until an Alaska cruise on the NLC Norwegian Sun in August, 2013. Never ever allow NCL give you an invoice marked preliminary accompanied by an NCL staff member telling you it is a final invoice before you leave the ship. There were two service-related incidents on the ship. NCL staff offered (I didn't even ask) to put two credits on my account as a courtesy. The credits were substantial enough to zero-out the "optional" daily service charges for the entire cruise. Given that I had lost almost an entire day of my cruise because of NCL, I thought it was a reasonable thing for NCL to do. Late on the last night of the cruise I asked the customer service desk for a final invoice (as I do with all cruise lines). Their reply was, we will slide a FINAL invoice under your door early in the morning and if the charges look correct, no need to come back to the service desk. Well, they slipped an invoice labeled "preliminary" under my door. I didn't catch it at the time because I was focused on the charges and the credit they offered. All looked OK, so I left the ship. When I got my credit card bill, the total was more than the invoice they put under my door. I called NCL and they said the final invoice in their system REVERSED THE TWO SERVICE CREDITS. I asked NCL to honor the original invoice. After four weeks of investigation on their part they said they would only give me a credit for my next cruise. Just for being so deceptive, I disputed it with my credit card company. Here's the sad sad part. The documentation NCL sent in response wasn't even close to being accurate.  NCL inaccurately stated in it's reply "....the cardholder has not contacted our customer relations department....." and "The final invoice is given to passengers the night before disembarking, allowing the passengers to resolve any issues with charges." AND "Failure to do so will constitute acceptance of the charges." So..........NEVER LEAVE AN NCL SHIP WITHOUT AN INVOICE IN YOUR HAND MARKED FINAL!

Food and Dining Better than average mid-class cruise lines.
The staff has cost in time a full day of the cruise and countless hours disputing their bad accounting practices.

NEVER LEAVE AN NCL SHIP WITHOUT AN INVOICE IN YOUR HAND MARKED FINAL!