Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Third Mate

excursions great....onboard...disappointed

Sail Date: May 13, 2013

Room Type: Suite

I have been on 9 Carnival cruises, this is my second NCL, the ship is very dated, the dining experience was very disappointing. The buffet food was nothing remarkable and the lines were horrible, they only had 2 lines going most of the time. The dining room food was just as bad and the service was horrible, Wait staff acted like we put them out, slow and hardly ever smiled. We had a Jr. suite with a couch that folds down like a futon, the couch was so hard you could not even sit on it much less sleep on it, they brought one flimsy foam pad that did absolutley nothing. We all paid the same amount per person, but the two on the couch bed got much less quality sleep arrangments. The one bright spot on the ship was Frank Howard our room steward, he went above and beyond to try to make us more comfortable. I will really think twice before I go back on an NCL ship. The excursions were magnificant! The best part of the trip!!!
dining staff steward great