Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Transatlantic on Norwegian Star

Sail Date: April 17, 2016

I have nothing but rave reviews for this cruise, Starting with our state room, which was a balcony cabin located in the aft of the ship on deck 9. The cabin was spacious enough for two people even though it would acommodate three. Two adults and a child would be comfortable but more than two adults in this cabin would be too crowded. The cabins on two sides of our cabin were suites and I'm sure could acommodate more people and were more spacious costing more.

The freestyle dining was nice. Meals in the two dining rooms were very good with plenty of choices to please everyone's taste. Sometimes the service was a bit slow. I'm not sure what the reason behind the slow service.

The evening entertainment each night was excellent. I'm not sure how they pulled it off, but their performances were some of the best I have seen on cruises.

When we left Tampa we discovered that the ship was carrying less than half its capacity of passengers. As a result the dining rooms, the theaters, the bars and all public places on the ship were never crowded.

Half way into the cruise,I was having difficulty sleeping because of my cabin mate's snoring and I would continuously wake him to ask him to roll over in hopes that he would stop snoring. He went to guest services to ask if it would be possible to get a second cabin. To our surprise, they offered us a cabin for the remaining six nights for only $100. Well worth it for a good nights sleep for the both of us.

i would highly recommend this cruise to anyone wanting a transatlantic cruise with ports of call being Bermuda and Punta Delgata.

Herzliche Grüße
Christiane Gottli

Cabin / Stateroom Loved the cabin. Nice to sit out on balcony while ship is underway. You don't get wind blown on aft balconies.
Tampa, Florida
Royal Naval Dockyard, West End, Bermuda
Ponta Delgada, Azores
I loved the products made of cork. I bought a purse made of cork. After leaving the Azores, I wished I had bought more products made from cork.
Copenhagen, Denmark
Glad I got tickets to ride the Hop On Hop Off bus around Copenhaven. I feel I was able to see the most important areas of the city and learned a lot in a short period of time. Also, glad I booked a room at the Metro Cabinn which was very low in price and very clean. This is a budget hotel with no frills but worth it if you are interested in saving money.