Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western
Sail Date: November 15, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Star
Traveled As: Couple
Reviewed: 2 years ago
1. Cabin steward (Randy) was great !
2. Overall food was good (not great).
3. Ship was clean.
4. Crew was friendly.
5. Entertainment overall was average. Comedian Bud Anderson was very good.
6. I don't drink, but I heard several people complain about the bar service, saying the drink package has contributed to poor service and rude waiters.
7. The Teppanyaki dinner was not enjoyable. The noise from the crowd outside the Teppanyaki room was very loud and we couldn't hear the chef and waiter talking.
8. The mandatory 18% gratuity on the specialty dinner is maddening!! Probably will not do a specialty dinner again. Then the suggest additional tips for the waiter and chef.
9. The mandatory $13.50 per day per passenger "gratuity" is ridiculous. We think we are rewarding good cabin service, but the steward said he sees very little of it, so we have to tip the steward directly to make sure he is properly rewarded.
10. The ports of call and our shore excursions were great. We did SCUBA diving at all four ports and had a great time. At Cozumel there was an unacceptable wait with the diving company, but the boat crew and dive was fabulous.
11. Talking to other passengers about other cruise lines: One couple who had been on Holland America, Royal Caribbean, and Princess cruises recently said Norwegian was the worst of the 4.
12. We have only sailed Caribbean before (our 5th cruise), but will look at other cruise lines for our next cruise.