beautiful ship and great food, but very rude crew members

Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Transatlantic

13 Night Transatlantic Westbound (London To Tampa)
Sail Date: October 06, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Star

as just stated above, such a nice ship and great food both at buffets and indoor dining rooms. however, I had major problems with gift shop clerk who overcharged me $30 for cigarettes and she got so huffy when I pointed out her mistake. she stomped off to get manager..........etc.....took 3 days to get my account settled..and same thing happened at topsiders bar..........was overcharged 50% on drink of the day.....again the bartender was so rude that a nice pinoy waitress took over for her........I never saw the bartender again....... the live shows were awesome, not only ships show crew, but a 4 seasons tribute group, an electronic strings group, a fantastic juggler and comedian and a wonderful  acrobatic duo.  .we caught the southern fringes of hurricane jaoquin with 35 foot seas and equal winds  but the captain slowed the ship down to make the ride more comfortable. due to thruster problems we could not dock in Miami, instead we went straight to tampa one day early. however, we could not stay on the ship and were taken to a wonderful Marriott hotel with $100 food vouchers.... and one night cruise refund and 15% discount on future cruise.....again, a very poor example of how a crew handled the situation but they compensated by taking us to a nice hotel..........it would have been great if the migration from ship to hotel had been handled more professionally........otherwise, it was a great 13 night cruise and I realize people will always be people.........I have always cruised RCL and this was my first NCL cruise but I think I would be willing to give them another chance!!

wonderful cabin, plenty of room for one person and nice size balcony which I used on a daily basis. just be sure to take your UK charger as the desk has the single American outlet.

you might want to avoid the haven suite area on deck 12. they are at the stern and top of the ship........I understand those guests really had a rough ride through the hurricane. I cant understand why the highest price suites are in the worst ship position. I always prefer mid ships, middle decks.