My European dream cruise

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

12 Night Grand Mediterranean (Barcelona To Venice)
Sail Date: April 28, 2012
Ship: Norwegian Spirit
This was my fifth cruise and the longest one. I was surprised by the number of senior citizens on this cruise. I expected to see more young families, according to a cruise agent. So, I think that that set the tone for the type of attendance to shows and classes. There weren't any activities at the pool, which I have seen with other, more youthful cruises. This was a quiet cruise with mature individuals.

I have been on five other cruises of differing companies. I thought that the variety in dining was exceptional. Although I did not dine at one of the specialty restaurants, they looked very nice. The included dining options were varied and quite good.

I thought that the evening shows were the best I had ever seen on cruise ships. They had good variety and talent.

Our room stewardess was excellent. All of the staff were friendly and accessible most of the time.

Regardless of being on the ship for 12 days, my friend and I could not keep it straight which stairs took us all the way to our 5th level or not. It might have been helpful if they had posted a sign with warnings.
The ship is not luxurious or highly sophisticated; it is comfortable, clean and casual. It was exactly what my friend and I were seeking for a long cruise.

Our room was an inside cabin, which suited us just fine. We were looking for value; we wanted to spend our money on souvenirs and tours. The cabin was smallish, but fine for two middle-aged women. The bathroom was exceptionally larger than most with a pretty nice shower.

Pros: The flexibility of dining when, where and how I wanted.

Cons: The pool is a bit small. It wasn't very hot during our sailing, so I didn't want to use it more than twice.

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? Yes!